Rotary lobe properties:
Rotary lobes have the ability to handle highly viscous fluids up to 200,000 CP and carefully handle low shear fluids and solids, rotary lobe pumps are non-contacting and have large pumping chambers, allowing them to handle solids without damage and also are good for abrasive applications.
Operates in either direction
- Single O-ring
- Single mechanical seal
Scratch-resistant powder coating finish
Rotor & Casing:
- 316L stainless steel contact parts
- 316L stainless steel tri-lobe rotors
- 0.8 Ra (um) sanitary finish
- Front cover jacket or rotor case saddles
- Made in Europe
- Easy maintenance
- Flush rotor retention
- Low Shear
- Universal mounting (removable foot for easier placement)
- Modular pump design promotes easy disassembly for COP (Clean Out of Place) & CIP (Clean In Place)
- Non-contacting rotors minimize shear
how it works
- The shafts rotate in opposite directions and the fluids enter to the suction side of the pump.
- The fluid fills cavities between lobes.
- The lobes carry the fluid to the interior of the casing and these force the fluid out of discharge port,
generating pressure at the discharge port. Pump output is directly proportional to speed, and direction of flow is reversible.
The rotary lobe pump theoretically produces the same flow at a given speed (RPM). Unlike centrifugal pumps, their capacity is not affected by the pressure against which they operate.
Capacity is the total liquid displacement of the pump less slip.
Slip is the quantity of fluid that leaks from the higher-pressure discharge to the lower-pressure suction through the pump lobe clearances because the lobes never come into contact with each other.
"The amount of slip will increase as fluid pressure increases and will decrease as fluid viscosity increases"
|Model||Capacity Max. (GPM)||Tri-clamp size (In.)||Pressure (PSI)||Max Speed (Rev/min)||Max Speed at max. pressure (Rev/min)||Max pressure at max. speed (PSI)|
Stainless steel wash-down motor, gearbox, pump and stainless steel base plate.
Stainless steel wash-down motor, gearbox, pump, stainless steel base plate and wash-down VFD.
Stainless steel wash-down motor, gearbox, pump, stainless steel cart and wash-down VFD.